I have been fortunate enough to be able to live nearby to a NYX in-store location. Being nearby, my experimentation with the brand’s products has increased. I have bought a lipstick here and there, but never went outside my comfort zone of lips. In need of some new face and eye makeup, I chose NYX as the brand to try.
- Stay Matte but Not Flat Liquid Foundation (Shade: Nude Beige)The in-store location was really beneficial in choosing my foundation shade. I can never seem to guess it correctly when its online. The foundation feels smooth on the skin and keeps the matte finish as it advertises.
- Gotcha Covered Waterproof Concealer (Shade: Light) The concealer is definitely a waterproof one–including the texture of the product. It is a very thick and tacky concealer. I didn’t really enjoy the tackiness of the product, but if you need a thicker concealer, this one is for you.
- Flawless Finish Blending SpongeFor a makeup sponge, it does its job. The material is quality and dense, it will not fall apart into pieces easily.
- Beauty School Drop Out 101 in “Smokey”The “Smokey” colors are ones I wouldn’t generally pair with the stereotypical smokey eye look; however, the colors pair well with each other. There is also an even mix of matte and glittery eye shadows.
- Wanderlust Lip and Eye Collection in “Dubai”The eye shadows go onto the eye smoothly and provide unique coloring matches. The Lip, which is Buttergloss in color Dubai, has a glossy finish.
- Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Trio The three lip colors that come in the pack is as followed: Cherry Skies, Soft-Spoken, Vintage (from left to right in picture).
If you can’t tell by now, I kinda love makeup. I am a strong fan of NYX products because of their affordability and quality. If I could recommend just one item from what I purchased in this haul, I would recommend you to try the Stay Matte but Not Flat liquid Foundation. It has a nice medium coverage and lasts pretty long on my face.
What is your favorite makeup brand?