A morning breakfast staple for me is yogurt and granola; and I have found the best recipe yet for it! Homemade food is always tasty and a money-saver, this recipe no different. Enjoy!
Here’s the recipe from fitnessblender.com:
What you’ll need to make this fantastic granola:
3 cups oatmeal
1/4 cup coconut oil (cold pressed, unrefined, organic, minimally processed is best)
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
Makes 8-10 servings of granola
How to make:
- In a medium mixing bowl, add and thoroughly stir all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla together.
- Once the wet ingredients are well blended, add to the oatmeal to the mix.
- Spread thinly on a baking sheet: no greasing needed.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until slightly browned, turning once or twice. (ideally every 4 minutes so that it cooks as evenly as possible).
- Warm the coconut oil by placing it by itself in the preheating oven for just a few short minutes. This is to make the coconut oil easier and quicker to stir in with the other ingredients.
- In the cooking process, the ideal amount of turning of the granola is every 4 minutes so that it cooks as evenly as possible.
- Take the granola out of the oven just as it starts to get a golden color. It will continue cooking on the pan after you take it out of the oven.
- When the granola is finished baking, continue to turn the granola over on itself until fully cooled. Due to the hot pan, the granola keeps cooking and this helps keep it from over baking.
- Optional: add in dried fruit and nuts when granola is fully cooled. This was in the original recipe but I omitted it due to health reasons.
Now tell me, do you like granola? If so are you going to try this recipe?
I’d love to know so comment it below! (HA! That rhymed!)